Tuesday, 7 April 2009

I suppose I'll have to show you how to write at level 5!


I knew none of you would be up to the challenge but I suspect that is because your teacher only writes at level 3 herself!


Earlier on this blog you were given a paragraph to up level - well here's mine!

It's got all the things in it that I'm looking for when I mark your writing! Can you spot them?


The room was covered in a thick layer of dust. Brian shivered. He peered through the gloom at the piles of leather-bound books. Their pages had yellowed with age and fluttered feebly as he blew the dust away. The writing inside was a spidery scrawl, 'This is the property of Barnaby Slycheek'. Wondering who that might have been, Brian clambered over the broken boxes, battered suitcases and ancient trunks struggling to reach the door at the back of the abandoned room. Daylight filtered through the faded curtains. A broken window let in a slight breeze that made the cobwebs quiver. Glancing down, Brian just saw several grey rats scuttling amongst the debris. He shivered.... and it was not just from the cold.

11 comments:

  1. Oh and I've spotted all those boos and hisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've spotted those comments of yours Mrs SATs Marker - of course my class know what level 5 writing looks like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE YOU MRS SATS MARKER!!!!!!!!!1(BOOOOO)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what did you think of her writing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was great-miss you literally replied to that as soon as i posted it, you must be sat at the laptop waiting for a comment to be posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now Tasneem that would make me look as if I was a saddo with nothing better to do than wait for someone to post on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well i didnt mean it in that way-all i meant was ............. i dont know what i meant actually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol
    went shopping this afternoon and lunch out it was great!
    Hope you are having a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well im definately having a great holiday lol!!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bla Bla Bla Holiday is over anyway why are two of u are only talking?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her writing is rubbish (I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THE OTHER WORD LOLZ)

    ReplyDelete